Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Polar RS8oosd

On 6 May 2007, I bought a Polar Rs8oo from Frank WS...after i realised that i've been using my P99oi for my lap time during Pacemakers Circuit Run 1 which is so uncomfortable (can only recorded till 9 laps) . Prior to that, i was comparing between Polar, Suunto and Timex from various websites and its review before deicided to but it.

the watch/running computer comes together in a bundle with S3 footpod, heart rate monitor (HRM), infra red usb transfer plus an additional G3 GPS pod. After a brief explanation by Frank on the basic function.. i tried it to help analyse my exercise regime more accurately and find ways to improve it.

The 1st time i tried it, when i was in Alor Star. It took about 30mins to have a good run around Alor Star, compared to KL, the city was not as busy eventho is 7.30am. The watch recorded my running (using G3 GPS sensor) of 6km from Holiday Villa Hotel to Stadium Darul Aman and back to the hotel. I've not calibrate it since culdnt find time to do it. It also recorded calories burns,pace,cadence, strides, heart rate beat/min and etc. Since then, I've been using this tool extensively for my day-to-day workouts and have spent a lot of time getting to know everything about it.

The reason why i purchase besides analysing my training regime, it actually have a pre-programme which can be downloaded from the polar website and can be sycned to its polarpersonaltrainer.com. I managed to download the program...but it requires a 93days for a beginnner to start before full marathon.

Thinking that i have less than 3 weeks before my 1st full marathon i.e. adidas Sundown..i have to tailored-made my training to 21 days...a crash course training before Sundown.

No comments:

Post a Comment