Wednesday, May 27, 2009

der Pacemakers Circuit Run 2

Rashidi, En. Pauzi (MPH), me...

der Pacemakers Circuit run 2 was held on 23 May 2009. this is the first nite run i've join in building up to the Sundown Marathon. The run also mark the start of my taper week.,glad shidi decided to join CR2 together with MPH.

The run was scheduled to start at 7.45pm but was delayed due to torrential downpour since 6.00pm. After finishing all my daily errands...i arrived at LG around 7.oopm. it is still raining n i thought that the run could either cancel or postponed to next morning...

7.15pm: Wait for rashidi at LG car park behind the Lake club...still raining...later, we walk to boat house...where we noticed that the route was flooded with water patches is some areas...

7.30pm: register and collect bib...saw WKM was distributing the bib to runners.

8.00pm: Organiser later announced that the run will be flagged off at 8.25pm...we later met with MPH and have a chat on his planning of setting up a tennis club at our office (great idea)...do some warm-ups and setting up my RS8oo..hehehe..was excited to used it. this time, im using it with s3 footpod to know my strides,cadence and pace..i've even pre-programme it to desired pace and cadence...hehehe...

8.25pm: The race flag-off...i started a bit slow(as usual)...the weather was so fine..a bit chilly but the atmosphere and ambiance of it...mmg best!!

Here's the lap time and pictures of the event. Pictures courtesy from Bro Tey. http://pmtey2.multiply.com/





















and here's the data of the running event...
















Pictures courtesy from pmtey2.multiply.com...thanks bro tey...




My 'muka pancit'...cant remember actually when tey snap this pic...so exhausted...hehehe


Here's is highlight of the event:

1 n' 2 loop: I forget to push the button after i completed my 1st loop...based from my lap time after my 2nd loop..my timing was 27' 47''599..an average of 14min per loop...n i was consistent until lap 6, where my performance was deteriorating gradually...

I started to stop at the water station on each lap...probably due to hydration and heat...i noticed that when running on the road my pace was quite steady as compared to running on walkway...eventually over a period of time...my pace is getting slower and pain in my knee is getting worse...

On my last loop, i met WKM n walk with him to the finishing line completing my first nite race..my S3 footpod shows a distance of 30.64km (without calibrate)...n in 73rd place, a bit dissapointed but at least i achieved my weekly mileage of 60km on that week...






Justify Full

















No comments:

Post a Comment